Junction Educational Foundation (JEF) Board of Directors has approved the 2019-2020 Business Plan. The Business Plan outlines fundraising goals and grant allocations in support of Junction Elementary School District.
Goals to enhance the learning environment for the students at Junction Elementary and Middle Schools include:
- Increasing funding for classroom grants to provide additional support for teachers and staff,
- Providing recognition field trips for high performing students,
- Supporting the six JESD sponsored clubs including building a school garden for the Garden Club and providing equipment and paying event fees for our Middle School Robotics Team,
- Continuing to support the Junction After School Program by funding equipment and/or activities for academic or extracurricular enrichment opportunities and free after school tutoring,
- Continuing with facility upgrades on the Pre-K/Kindergarten playground and the painting, landscaping, and overall aesthetic improvements to Junction School.
At the direction of the STEM coordinator, we will help fund the start of the new Junction Middle School STEM Program by providing equipment such as 3D printers and solar panels. All of these goals are in support of “Target Programs” which are highly impactful projects that contribute to the Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP) goals set forth by the School District.
Junction Educational Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization dedicated to enhancing the educational environment for students of the Junction Elementary School District in Palo Cedro. The Board recommends interested community members follow their Facebook page at facebook.com/junctioneducationalfoundation, or subscribe to their website at junctioneducationalfoundation.com, to stay updated on community meetings and activities this school year.